IA opens scholarship applications
The Irrigation Association is now accepting applications for the 2023 Anthony W. “Tony” LaFetra Scholarship Program, sponsored by Rain Bird in honor of the company’s late president and CEO. The deadline to apply is March 31, with notification to applicants of their status by May 1.
The scholarship program is open to students at two- and four-year institutions of higher education and provides financial support to those who are pursuing irrigation-related degrees and careers. Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,500 are awarded based on the candidate’s letter of intent, financial need, resume, list of irrigation courses and letters of reference.
To be eligible, a student must:
- be currently enrolled (undergraduate or graduate) at a U.S. technical or vocational school, community college, university or similar institution of higher learning with a graduation date of December 2023 or later.
- be a U.S. citizen.
- have taken or be currently enrolled in a class with an irrigation-related curriculum.
- have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative grade point average, based on a 4.0 scale.
- demonstrate financial need.
- Penn State Extension announces new weekly podcast
- Leadership in action
- Project EverGreen announces 2023 officers, board of directors
- Bartlett Tree Experts acquires Arborsmith
- Hino Trucks appoints new president
- A little goes a long way
- Exmark Electrifies the Stand-On Mower Market with Vertex V-Series
- Baton B2B Referrals awarded as top startup