Isuzu hires Matthew Mesick as first director of EV strategies
Isuzu Commercial Truck of America has appointed its first Director of EV Strategies, Matthew A. Mesick.
The creation of the position comes just two months after the company announced that its first all-electric truck for the U.S. and Canadian markets will begin production late in the first quarter of 2024.
“As electric vehicles will play an ever-increasing role in our future, having resources focused 100 percent in this area is necessary for our organization to support everyone’s efforts properly,” says Shaun C. Skinner, president of Isuzu Commercial Truck of America and Isuzu Commercial Truck of Canada. “This all-new position will focus on EV growth and supporting our dealers with necessary information concerning EV regulations, trends, subsidies and more.”
Mesick has been with Isuzu Commercial Truck of America for eleven years and has held both service and sales positions. Most recently he has served as director of western regional operations for the company.
In addition to Mesick’s appointment, the company announced that two other key directors have been promoted to assistant vice president roles.
- Ed Crawford has been promoted to the role of assistant vice president of sales operations, where he will continue to focus his energies on the areas of production, distribution, and sales-related activities. Crawford has been with Isuzu for over 24 years.
- Brian Tabel has been promoted to the role of assistant vice president of marketing. In his 28 years with Isuzu, he has worked in field service and sales positions and has led the marketing team for almost 14 years. Most recently, Tabel became the first representative of an import chassis brand to be appointed to the board of NTEA, the association for the work truck industry.
“I strongly believe Isuzu has never been in a better position in the medium-duty marketplace and we will continue to look for ways to better serve our dealers and customers,” Skinner said. “These changes will put us all in a prime position for success now and in the future.”
- Growing interest
- Ruppert Landscape welcomes new CFO
- Focus on functionality
- Something in the wind
- John Deere expands lineup of P-Tier Compact Wheel Loader models
- Buyers Products expands SaltDogg PRO Series
- No task too tall
- Attentive.ai to host webinar June 8